Friday 24 April 2015

Matchy-matchy

According to Wikipedia this word was just  recently added to the dictionary. It is a term that describes an outfit that is too color or pattern coordinated.  According to some designers matching too much is not a good thing, my take on it, as long as you are comfortable with what you are wearing, it's modest and you think it works then go for it!  What I am about to write is just my personal taste. Everyone has its own style and preference, others don't even care about fashion at all.  I am no fashion guru I just love putting outfits together, reading style books/magazines and  browsing pinterest.  I don't always get it right but I am trying.

Personally, I am not a fan of matching purse and shoes, I think it's boring and dated.  Well, I want to break my own rule and tried matching, red purse and flats! I think it works if there is one complementary(contrast) colour in the outfit, on this one it's mint green.  If my top was also red that would be another story.  What I really love in an outfit is "pop of color"  (been doing this even before it becomes a trend) and color blocking (I am now braver to be able to do this).  Of course the classic black outfits, specially with pop of color, is still on my list.   

This was last week, it was windy and sunny, perfect weather!
Is it nice to just chill and relax to that bench on a pretty afternoon like this?










Thanks for stopping by! :)


Note: My blog recently qualified for adsense, not all ads on my blog reflect my views and beliefs (e.g. daring clothes...).  I did filter what I want to appear but what google posts is beyond my control.

2 comments:

  1. Love this bag!! May I ask where you purchased it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, got it from Rickis. I bought it online last month and it was on clearance. I am not sure if it is still available. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete