Tuesday 28 April 2015

Simple Pleasures

There are so many things around us that we fail to notice because of our busy lifestyle.  We are too focused on our daily tasks and errands that we missed to appreciate those what we think are trivial.  I have learned though that it is the simple pleasures that are more enjoyable.  When I discovered that mixed jackfruit and coconut bubble tea was so good, I was ecstatic and hubby thought I was silly.   It is very important to pause and appreciate God's goodness on little things.  That's why, most weekends me and Dennis love to drive around, have some frap or bubble tea,  sometimes we park somewhere, talk, laugh and just appreciate things.  I find this more enjoyable than shopping and it's way cheaper, right?  Bonus part,  now it's not hard to find where to take outdoor outfit photos because we've already known some unique places from these weekend drives.  Though I appreciate the "likes" and sweet messages I get from social media,  I find that the backstory of our photos are more enjoyable.

Last Sunday, I was telling Dennis I want to go to a pond to take photos, while driving he saw this artwork.  It's on a far end of a school, for sure people just ignore this piece of art.  Well,  we love art.  We don't know the basics of painting, we just love to hang around on art galleries (specially during festivals when fees are waived) appreciate those great works and make our own weird interpretations on abstract arts.

So, back to the artwork,  when he said he wants to take pictures there I was hesitant because my outfit blended well on the painting colors, I might be lost somewhere in the picture.  But anyway, I guess it turned out well, you just need to find me because it seems I became part of the painting.  :)


These are old pieces,  I just shopped in my closet then mix and match!

We still went to a pond nearby and again my turquoise blazer matches the water and the sky. 




Finally, from the message last Sunday, I have this song in my head  :  Glorious Day (linked).  
When my heart is overwhelmed  I just think that one day at the sound of the trumpet  we will see Jesus!  What a Glorious day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment