Tuesday 14 April 2015

Skirt girl

Do I mind wearing skirts all the time? If you ask me now, I don't mind at all, but when I was still in school, being young (and let's be honest, we all want to fit in) there were times that I was affected negatively with those weird stares and persistent questions why I never wear pants.  I am not frumpy back then but not stylish either.  So, every time I am tempted to go buy some pants I just remember what the bible says about being disobedient and reminded myself that I am just simply obeying what is written in His Word. 
Ephesians 5:6  Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 
Deuteronomy 22:5:  A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.


It maybe hard but if you surround yourself with the right people it gets easier. I have great supportive friends from my high school and college years.  We respect and we are considerate with each other's  beliefs. In our walk with God, it is really important to be in the right circle.

Some may think that skirts are too old-fashioned, I have to disagree!  I believe that we can be stylish (in skirts) without sacrificing modesty. Let me borrow this line: "Being modest doesn't have to be frumpy".  It's a good idea to know our church specific "dress code" and work around it.  Skirts are fun and there are so many style possibilities and believe me when you get used to it, it is comfortable.  Please don't get me wrong, there's no need to be overly vain, I am just trying to point out that not able to wear pants is a shallow reason to drift away from  our Faith.  Let's embrace what we believe and be proud to be a Skirt Girl!  I am a happy Skirt Girl!!!  :) :) :)              

This is what I wore last Sunday, skirt and purse are the only current ones.  The rest are older,  I just love to mix and match to stretch my closet.

Top is older from SmartSet, A-line Skirt from the clearance section of Rickis, Blazer is one of the oldest things in my closet, this is one of those pieces that I am willing to pay a little bit more because I want it to lasts, I believe I own this for five years already! Floral Shoes is older from Stitches' clearance, got it for $10, not the most comfortable pair of shoes I have but not too bad, let's say I last praise singing in these and was jumping during altar 'high-powered' songs last Sunday.  Purse from Call it Spring , got it for $20.99 during Easter weekend sale (linked).



Color blocking is just so fun!

I got so much traffic here in my blog since I shared it publicly last Friday.  Thank you for you kind words via google, facebook and instagram, I really appreciate it.  You can leave comments here and say hi! :)
I turned off the google+ comment widget so everyone can leave a message even without a google account, unfortunately all comments from my previous post are gone.  Sorry :(  Just so you know, I didn't delete your comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment